Pages

Saturday, October 08, 2011

How to add a permanent signature in blogger


from freckled and fun

As you can see I just found this entry I have never posted, so enjoy. I must have gathered it for myself so now I want to share it with you and I have linked back to where I found it.

THURSDAY, JANUARY 8, 2009

Tutorial: How To Add A Permanent Signature in Blogger

Sometimes I create signatures for people who want to upload them to blogger themselves. If you are willing to play with your blogger dashboard - try uploading your signature permanently using the following steps:


Step one - have me create you a signature (LOL!) Just kidding - make sure it is the same background color as your blog or get one with a transparent background (ie. PNG file)


Step two - Create a post and upload your signature as a photo to a post in your COMPOSE tab


Step three - click on the EDIT HTML tab and copy the HTML code of that photo


Step four - DO NOT PUBLISH YOUR POST (you can add a title to the post ~ for example - DO NOT DELETE - BLOG SIGNATURE). Save your post, just do not publish it.


Step five - go to the SETTINGS Tab in your dashboard.


Step six - click on FORMATTING tab and scroll ALL the way to the bottom of the Formatting page. You will see a POST TEMPLATE box.


Step seven - paste your HTML code (from your signature) in the Post Template box.


Step eight - save your settings


Now each time you create a post, your signature will automatically pop up in the compose portion of your post.


Variations: Since I upload so many cards and I was tried of writing "Supplies" - I created a custom Supplies graphic which atomatically uploads each time I post - if I don't want to use the supplies graphic (ie. if I am not posting something with a supply list), I just click on the graphic and delete it!


Hope this helps!

http://freckledandfun.blogspot.com/2009/01/tutorial-how-to-add-permanent-signature.html


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting, I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. Please visit again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...